Thursday 5 November 2009

Ben Guerir


I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. I had to focus on my surroundings - I thought there would be guards.
It seemed pretty warm as I headed out there. I was on edge, especially as finding cover to approach wasn't easy. I kept an eye overhead and thought I saw a copter - I dropped and froze, and hoped the earthy-coloured clothing I was wearing was enough. No idea if I was seen, or if they spotted the vehicle I came in - I left it a couple of miles away from the base, covered in a tarp.
I spent hours there and found very little. There was some evidence of people having been here recently - some food wrappings in the corner of a building, and some ashes. I saw a section of electrical cable that looked new, just a few inches lying discarded on a floor as if a wire had to be trimmed recently, and a paperback book. I hit jackpot when I got into a big warehouse - looked like a paper shredder had fallen over at some point and someone had been careless or in a rush clearing up the spillage. There were a few scraps that looked interesting. I'm back in town, and used a scanner. What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Mr. Box. What was the paperback book??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean anything to you?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerryspearman/4038941523/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please tell us the title or any recognisable identifiable markings of the book - was it in English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You clearly hit the right place. Somehow they knew you were coming - perhaps your vehicle was spotted. I'd expect them to re-group once they're instructed. We'll let you know if we hear anything. Do you plan on going back for another look around?

    The graphs on the paper look like some sort of test or evaluation. I'll try and piece it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sense that it's to do with splitting in two - bifurcation. Would that make any sense to you, Mr Box?

    ReplyDelete